Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently i have started to get this message of mespilock failed, that is at cold boot, the PC remains frozen for 2 minutes and then starts after showing the above message

I have updated the BIOS, installed the intel Management engine software, done the secure boot off and restart after secure boot on but to no avail, once the PC starts , it restarts perfectly with no error, kindly help

PS. before this error i have not done anything with the bios or me firmware 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Did you happen to update Windows 10 to version 1809 around the time this started happening?

Are you running this BIOS (Link) and this version of IMEI (Link)?

You did disable Secure Boot, enable Legacy Boot,  and confirm the change at restart?

The solution to this issue may require backing up data and doing a clean installation of Windows 10. But you should first try a Microsoft System Restore to a restore point created prior to the start of this error message? 

Or restore an offline disk image (if you have one) created before this problem started.

This is an unusual error with little documentation available to assist in solving the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you , let me check after a clean install and then  i ll report the finings 

HP Recommended

Hi Lodsofthesahs,

You're very welcome.

A clean install of Windows would be a last resort.

Did you uninstall Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI) in Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Restart your PC. Then try installing the IMEI version at the link in my first response? Or let Windows Update install IMEI for your chipset.

I would also try resetting the BIOS to defaults after uninstalling IMEI: and before installing IMEI or letting Windows Update install IMEI.

Regards

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that didnt help either (Sed face)

HP Recommended

Sorry another thing that i forgot to mention, that the frequency of appearing of this error is reduced, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesnt after the re installation of the windows

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.