Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On several occassions now, windows 7 has basically locked up when I started Outlook 2010. When I log off or shut down, a window informs me that AMD:CCC AEM Capturing Window is preventing shut down. It is probably preventing everything else from launching correctly also. Please let me know if this program can be removed or disabled to prevent this from happening. What is this program? 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I have a HP DV6 202 running Windows 7 64bit, which I purchased last February. It is fitted with a 320GB hard drive and 3GB of RAM and I notice that the ram usage is around 95% for most of the time and now programs take forever to open and I cannot shut it down without the same message appearing: "AMD CCC AEMCapturing Window is stopping windows from closing down" I then have to force it to shut down and have run checks of different descriptions i.e.. AVG Antivirus scans, Windows Defender scan, chsdisk checker. I do not put any discs (games or otherwise) into my computer, only my iPod which I use a lot. I have also taken it back a month (before the problem started) but it is still the same. Someone has told me to take it back to the manufacturers specification, but it means I will lose some items, but not too bothered about that. I did send HP an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, but as yet, no reply. What I would like to know is it a software issue, or is the computer faulty in some way which means I can take it back to where I purchased it from. Any help or advice would be very welcome.  Bill.

HP Recommended

AMD:CCC is the video card/cpu control unit. I am having the same issue with mine, I'll try reinstall the Catalyst Control Centre on my machine to see if it fixes it.

HP Recommended

I too have had this problem periodically - Outlook, Win7 64-bit.

Matt

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problems.  I have windows7 64 bit and it has been running really, really slow & I get the error of AMD:CCC AEM capturing window is stopping the shutdown and have to force it to shutdown.  Please someone find an answer.

HP Recommended

I am having that same problem. What can be done to fix it

HP Recommended

I too have this problem often.  I have to use ctrl + alt + del to get the options to log off, lock, start task manager, etc. just to interrupt it?  This works some of the time or maybe I'm lucking.

I have the same error everytime I shutdown.  Is this problem being looked into?  HELP!!!

HP Recommended

I finally got mine fixed with alot of calls to HP support.  They had to replace my hard drive (under warranty)   At first they sent me the recovery discs and that did not help, but I also had some other problems with my pc.  I don't know if this helps, but it finally was an answer to my problems.

HP Recommended

naruto

HP Recommended

@lhnemec wrote:

On several occassions now, windows 7 has basically locked up when I started Outlook 2010. When I log off or shut down, a window informs me that AMD:CCC AEM Capturing Window is preventing shut down. It is probably preventing everything else from launching correctly also. Please let me know if this program can be removed or disabled to prevent this from happening. What is this program? 

@lhnemec wrote:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.