2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AMD driver download problem

HP Pavilion 23-g010 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

AMD driver update caused my pc to freeze...had to do a hard shutdown.  When I tried to restart, I got the initial startup screen showing HP logo and the circle of dots. After that I got a black screen, then the watchdog utilization started on the screen. That's as far as I can get. Tried to boot in safe mode, but got no response.  Help, please :Crying:

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AMD driver download problem

Hi there @mssong41,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your computer is no longer starting properly after a failing a recent driver update.  I am happy to help with this.

I would suggest that you try going back to a previous restore point using: HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎.  

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation