Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the «not responding» issue with Access 2007 when I try to open some tables, not all. The tables are Access 2000 format. They all open fine when accessed through a form. The desgn view of each table also works fine. I can open these tables with Access 2002, no problem (I have both Access 2002 and 2007 installed on my HP laptop and I will not unintall Access 2002 until this is resolved).

The tables are on a network and open fine with other, non HP, laptops.

I saw the thread about HP Protect Tools, I can not find any reference to HP Protect Tools in my laptop, no software, no programs showing up in Control Panel installed programs list, nothing.

There is the finger print thing, but I have never activated that.

So what gives?

HP Recommended

FIXED!!!! FYI, installing Windows 7 service pack 1 did not fix the problem. In my case, the problem was caused by HP Protect Tools. After SP1 failed to fix the problem, I found a thread on the HP forums calledAccess 2007 hangs/stops responding. That put me onto HP Protect Tools as a possible cause for the problem. On my computer, here is what I had to do:

Before each step, I had to open my Task Manager and kill dpagent.exe
1) Uninstall Privacy Manager for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
2) Uninstall Device Access Manager for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
3) Uninstall Drive Encryption for HP Protect Tools. Reboot.
4) Uninstall HP Protect Tools Security Manager. Reboot.

I can now open any table and Access doesn't freeze! (FYI they are just regular, simple tables with alphanumeric data only).

Hope this helps someone else out there experiencing the AppHangB1 error with msaccess.exe

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the fingerprint utility or protection software. I had never activated this feature, I really fail to see it's usefulness, and I can easily see where it could become a liability instead of a positive thing, whatever...

Access tables now open just fine.

HP Recommended

You are a genius gsteer.  That solved my problem as well and I have an HP 8000 Elite.  THANKS!!!

HP Recommended

I had my database for 4 years and never had this problem.

I've moved to a EliteBook 8440p laptop this month and the tables started hanging, the MS Access Not responding. Even very simple tables, which I tried to open directly, not even using macros.

I have uninstalled the HP ProtectTools Security Manager service and it now works!

Fantastic!

Thanks a lot for advice.

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm running Windows 10 and MS Access 2016, I had the same problem but fixed it by:

1. Uninstall Support tools

2. Changed screen resolution (lower one)

3. Reboot

>>> it worked

4. Restored screen resolution to the highes recommended

5. re-install HP support tools

>>> still working

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post.

To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable) • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any) • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message! Thank you

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.