Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream- 14- CB170NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion desktop w/Win 7 & still running strong. (It's a keeper !)

A few years ago I got an HP Stream laptop, but I like  the Windows 7 graphics &

layout a lot more than 10's. I've been altering  my laptop so it can have the

Win 7 appearance with apps Classic Shell & WindowBlinds. I even got the Win 7  blue scrollbar !

So far it has turned out well & I'm really pleased with it.

What I'd like to know & do, if possible, is add the Win 7 "Starting Windows" screen or the whole start up 

procedure if possible to my Win 10 laptop. Is this possible ?  I've looked for apps with no results.

If anyone can help Please Chime In !!

Thank you !

Windows 7.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SL58 

Hello,

The processor Intel Celeron N4000 is part of the Intel Atom-based Gemini Lake platform which was meant to run Windows 10 out of the box. There is no support for Windows 7 and you will not find any compatible drivers.

The last Atom platform supported under Windows was Braswell, released in 2015. Attempting to install Windows 7 on the later Atom series will leave you with a bare bones installation which would perform worse compared to Windows 10 due to missing drivers.

Support for Windows 7 is discontinued, but the software will continue to function. After January 14, 2020, if your computer is running Windows 7, it will no longer receive security updates. For more information, please go to Support for Windows 7 has ended.

The best thing for you would be to stay with Windows 10 on this notebook, because of the information provided above.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello & thanks for the fast reply,

I don't want to get the whole Win 7 OS, just the boot-up procedure or even just the "Starting Windows" screen 

like I posted to replace &/or  add/delete to the Windows 10 OS. Maybe a few changes can do this ?

Thanks !

HP Recommended

@SL58 

Thanks for your return,

Unfortunately, Windows 7 is not compatible with the processor and other hardware components of your computer. That is the reason why when you launch the installation of Windows 7 the Windows logo remains frozen and the computer does not continue booting.

Only Windows 10 is compatible with the hardware components of your computer. So no other solution to get used to this operating system.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello
@Mans  don't you understand the question?
the user does not ask if he can install windows 7 ..
He would just like to have, what we could see at startup
So sometimes it is possible to use applications which modify the elements of windows, this already existed for windows 8

ex: ( not try with windows 10 )

https://www.francoischarron.com/changer-lapparence-de-windows-8-pour-celle-de-windows-7/-/Pg7cXvmeMJ...

http://www.aidewindows.net/win8/interface-win7.php#demarrer

But this can be limited to certain functions
that said, @SL58  I advise you not to go any further, these means can cause your system to malfunction, or even impossible to restart, if an error is made

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks.

So it's called the interface of Win 7 for Win10 that I'm looking for & not a boot-up program ?  (Besides an app.)

I was curious if this could be done so I came here. I know not to make another move unless it can be done.

Hopefully someone will come out with an app for this. I believe if it was possible Classic Shell continued

development they would have done this !   And good luck to Open Shell !

Cheers !!

HP Recommended

Sorry @SL58  notification problem I had not seen your answer
I got it right I think what you want
I think the change is far too big, it would significantly modify the system, nothing more to do with appearance changes under windows!
The best is to settle for what you have already changed I think.
hoping that this will not be a problem with important updates

[edit]

just for information ..
this is done a lot with windows 7, but not sure with windows 10, i always advise against trying
it seems quite limited I have not found better

, therefore it may not be suitable either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfNw5cKY6qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWZyqjv6GyE

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This tutorial will allow you to change your Windows 10 boot logo. Please note that this tutorial will only work if you're running a legacy boot system (UEFI will probably not work). A few tools are required to change the Windows 10 boot logo, so I'm going to link them all below: GIMP - ...
This Video "[Amazing] Change Windows 7 boot screen by using boot screen updater | 2018" will help you to change the " Windows 7 boot screen".Download here: http://clk.sh/WEka9 LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE !!! ********************************** Tired of watching the same animation, again and again ...
HP Recommended

@SL58 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Thanks @Prométhée!

To Enable the F8 key on Windows startup proceed as follows:

1. Use the key combination Windows + X or right click at the bottom left of your desktop to access the System menu.
  2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (admin) from the menu and click Yes.
  3. In the console, type the following command followed by the enter key:
    Code:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Code:
    or bcdedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy legacy
  4. A message is displayed to indicate that the operation has been successfully completed. The F8 key is reactivated. You can now interrupt the startup process by pressing the F8 key to access Safe Mode and other startup options.  
  5. To return to the initial setting, enter the following command:
    Code:
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

Code:
    or bcdedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy standard
  6. The F8 key is then deactivated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.