DefTactics
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Adding 16 GB of memory to a HP Elite 8300

HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am adding 16gb of memory to the original 8 gb In a HP Elite 8300 CMT.The new memory is the same specs as the original.When I boot the computer I get one beep and a 164 memory error stating the amount of memory has changed since last boot.It says to press F1 to except new memory configure,when pressing F1 nothing happens.I pulled the new memory out and reseated and checked the connections on the memory,no change.It boots back up after I remove the additional memory with no problem.I had read that there is a change in the Bios where you must enable memory hole remapping.I cant find that in the BIOS menue.Any help would be apprieciated.

4 REPLIES 4
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,568 8,027
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DefTactics

What model do yo have CMT, MT, SFF or USDT???

REO

0 Kudos
DefTactics
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the Elite 8300 CMT

0 Kudos
DefTactics
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite 8300 CMT

0 Kudos
DefTactics
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite 8300CMT

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation