Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Beatstudio AIO Model # J6N70AV
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After BIOS update to v 80.16 on HP Beatstudio All-in-One, Model # J6N70AV, it doesn't boot any more but stuck at the HP logo didn't go any further.

I tried the followings but didn't work.

- USB flash drive of BIOS update:  I released the combo button of Windows key + B after hearing beeping sound but never got to the Bios Update Display

- At powering on, hit F2 at an effort to go into the HP diagnostic UEFI menu nonetheless its stuck at the HP logo.

Please help, I d appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you keep tapping ESC does it get rid of the HP logo and show any messages behind it?

Do you know how to remove the back cover from the unit? I *vaguely* remember seeing this once and when you unplugged the HDD, it went past the logo. I think I had to roll back the BIOS to fix it.

Here's a link to 80.14 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/

Do a CRTL+F on the page and search for sp85196.exe

If you can get the machine to POST properly once the HDD is disconnected, then you'll need to try:

1. download the HP UEFI Diags and create a bootable USB stick on another PC. Whilst still on the other PC, download and run the 80.14 executable. Select 'COPY' when prompted. copy the files to the UEFI Diag stick. Go to the Beats PC and boot off the HP UEFI stick by inserting the stick while it's off, turn it on & keep tapping F2. (yes, F2, not F9) Once it's booted, choose firmware update and browse to the .bin file. It'll be something like 'LAN_8014.BIN' This will then (hopefully) downgrade the BIOS.

If that fails, then you'll need to create a Windows 98 bootable USB. Turn secure boot off and legacy support on in BIOS. copy all the extracted BIOS files to the Windows 98 stick. Boot off the stick. Run the following line:

Safuefi LAN_8014.bin /p /b /n /r

This should then downgrade the BIOS.

If it does, then plug everything back together, cross your fingers and toes and hopefully it'll boot as per normal.

Let me know how you go or if you get stuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.