Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy H8-1414

I conducted a memory test several months ago after my system began freezing with increasing frequency. Near the end of the 2nd pass of the test the screen went instant black and one of my hard drives caught fire at the power connection. I was able to extinguish the flames within seconds and consulted with a local repair shop. I was told that I needed to replace the power supply as mine had likely gone bad.  I finally got my hands on a replacement and, after installing I get the following:

Fans all work (CPU, PSU, Case, Graphics Card), Monitor doesn't wake, 5 beeps .

I have tried booting with only PSU, CPU, CPU fan, and graphics card - Same result.

Tried again adding a single stick of RAM - Same result.

Moved RAM to next slot. - Same result

Connected HDD and repeated the process for each RAM slot - Same result.

Both DVI and HDMI connections were unsuccessfully used.

The PSU model # being removed is FH-XD301MYR-1

The PSU beng installed is model DX-400WPS 

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SapperDaddy87

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, the computer is not booting up and beeps 5 times. 

I'm here to help!

Appreciate you trying the steps but this indicates an issue with the motherboard. I'd suggest you contact HP regarding the service options for your computer. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.