Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop GT11-1000a (ID 1Z1B6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

After a recommended BIOS update, my computer does not boot anymore. The screen stays black, accessing the BIOS with WIN-B does not work and also removing the CMOS battery to reset the CMOS is not a successful way to see anything on my screen. I hear the fans spinning, but no beeps of whatsoever. Any help is welcome.

Even a boot from a USB with a new BIOS doesn't work.

Any more tips?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Does not look good.

Check you warranty.  Depending on where you got it you have have an extended warranty

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-25l-desktop-pc-gt11-1000a/2100404877/model/2100816067

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Same issue, same PC. 

As recommended by HP Support Assistant, I updated my BIOS. All it did was brick my PC. 

HP Recommended

Warranty for what? Bricking software delivered directly by HP? Mine is 20 days past warranty, so I'm just screwed, or what? This is unbelievable. 

HP Recommended

Same here, my warranty ran out in January. I did the bios update and it has now bricked my pc. It seems there are a few with the same issue in the last week. 

HP Recommended

@JV43 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

I have the same issue as @JV43 and have seen multiple posts  in the forums from users with seemingly same issue.

What do you suggest for users that have the same issue?

Br, Eirikur

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

This is my issue as well. Just out of warranty and this bios update bricked my son's Omen 25L. I'm awaiting a quote from HP to fix the issue. 

If the op on this thread has contact with HP support, please post your outcome. I feel like we are being extorted. 

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

I have the same issue as everyone in this thread. What has been proposed by HP to fix this issue with the F15 bios bricking our Omen machines. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.