Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After display turns off but before sleep, machine will not wake

HP 285 G3 (TPC-W045-MT)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I begin with the machine in the form it arrived, then wipe the main partition and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903, build 18362.418 (using the version available from the Volume Licensing Service Center) then when I boot the machine (and after all pending windows updates are installed) I find the following to be true:

Suppose the power options are such that "Turn off display after" is set to 10 minutes and "Sleep after" is set to 30 minutes. (And suppose that the hard disk is also set to turn off after 30 minutes.) Then after 10 minutes, the display will switch off, but neither pressing keys nor using the mouse will cause it to switch back on again. (If I then wait another 20 minutes until the machine sleeps, then pressing the keys will wake the computer up.)

Note: if I do not reinstall the operating system but simply use the pre-installed instance of Windows then this issue does not arise.

Are you aware of this issue, and do you know how it can be resolved?

Many thanks,

Neil

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation