Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pro slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sir My pc now only displaying hp logo. I can't move onto startup menu or boot menu. Please help me sir 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hello, I like to help anyone with any thing dead and dead PC tops my list

is the fans dead. does the powerlight on power button act odd now? key facts here.

but no PC told full model and SKU.

so I will go generic on you for just that lack of key facts, NO PC told.

1: RTC coin cell battery dead and BIOS goes nuts,  5-7 years is lifespan and below 2.9vdc is bad.

2: HDD bad. run smart tests , if bad its bad ,we replace it and upgrade to SSD or m.2  and fresh load the OS.

3: PSU bad or is only overloaded.

4: we strip down the PC to find overloads ask,.

most PC made about 20 things can fail even shorted USB devices, did you remove them all first

and do the long 10second PC reset, hold the power button 10 seconds and release.

do the long RESET (step 1 to 4)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

that logo might be

monitor logo  (learn to turn on the monitor  last, then if PC is dead the monitor tells you, no signal no connection or overrange.

and not BIOS main LOGO: POST screen dead too?]]

power on hammer Esc to get bios, does this first test work>?

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@Siva7482 

While the other response provided a long list of things it might be, since you are seeing an HP logo, clearly the PC is not dead.

So, my suggestion is simpler -- press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting and when the HP startup menu appears, select the option to run diagnostics -- usually F2.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.