Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp envy 27-all in one p014 intel core i5-6400t x4 2.2ghz 8gb 1tb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It was doing fine until all of a sudden it just wouldn't turn on. A light on the back indicating it's receiving power is on, but it seems the rest of the computer won't turn on. I just want to know if this is fixable or not and if it is, how can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like your CMOS battery, which allows your machine to store BIOS settings and keep the internal clock going when power is removed, may be dead. I've had many of my machines refuse to show any signs of life other than a power light when that happens. Sadly, I don't know exactly how you could go about replacing the CMOS battery in an All-In-One like yours as I could not find any guides I could refer you to, but it should just be a matter of removing the rear cover, locating a battery that looks like your typical button cell (think CR-2032 style) and replacing that.

~ bmk3k ~

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sounds like your CMOS battery, which allows your machine to store BIOS settings and keep the internal clock going when power is removed, may be dead. I've had many of my machines refuse to show any signs of life other than a power light when that happens. Sadly, I don't know exactly how you could go about replacing the CMOS battery in an All-In-One like yours as I could not find any guides I could refer you to, but it should just be a matter of removing the rear cover, locating a battery that looks like your typical button cell (think CR-2032 style) and replacing that.

~ bmk3k ~
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.