• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All in 1 pc will not power on

23-g013w

I'm setting up a computer for a friend. It's an all in 1 pc (23-g013w) it's never been out of the box (still sealed) I set it up and nothing happens when I try to power it up (No fan noise, no hd spinning and no flashing LEDs,) The power supply seems to be working fine. I called the support # and all they would tell me is that it's out of warranty.  Is there anything that can be done to narrow down the problem?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All in 1 pc will not power on

Some computers have an ON/OFF "rocker" switch adjacent to where the external power-cord connects to the internal power-supply. Flip that switch to the other side, and try the ON/OFF button.

Try a different power-supply?

Use a MultiMeter to test both the voltage and amperage coming out of the power-supply, to match-up with the specifications printed on the label on the "brick" of the power-supply.

Check that the ON/OFF button is not the cause of the problems.

It would be totally unethical to buy an identical unit from a "big-box" store with a "7-day-no-questions-asked" Return Policy, and then call HP, and give them the serial-number from that "in-warranty" unit. 

Totally. Do not do it! 

Further, do not exploit that store by getting them to honour their Return Policy.

Of course, if you "mix-up" the two power-supplies, and try the "new" one with your "old" computer, that would be your mistake.  Don't make that mistake!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation