Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 20-R015in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just completed a BIOS update after which the PC wouldn't boot up.

Completed the hard reset and followed all methods to recover the BIOS(nothing works).

Stuck in an endless loop wherein after boot, it takes me to the HP BIOS recovery page and completes all processes after which it beeps 8 times and proceeds to go through the entire process once more.

Model name: HP 20-R015in

Warranty: Expired

Haven't tried flashing a new BIOS yet, but I want to be sure that there is no other way of getting it back before taking extreme measures

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Need-assistance Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the all in one is not booting after windows update.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please attempt the below steps: 

Attempt a BIOS recovery > All in one 

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side. 

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank  : Click here 

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP Touch Smart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

First off, Praveen I would like to thank you for such a quick reply. Now, to clarify; the PC automatically tries to complete the BIOS recovery and goes through with the process.

After which it beeps exactly 8 times along with the power indicator LED(also flashing 8 times); After looking up PC beep codes online I came to know that it means that I have a corrupt BIOS.

I also read that it tries to recover the BIOS from a hidden partition. Now my problem is that, said PC continues to try recovering the BIOS multiple times inevitably failing each time it tries to do so.

Now what I want to figure out is, what should my next move be? Should I give up on this device or is there anything else I can do to revive it. Another issue is that the all-in-one also does not open up the startup menu during boot(Startup menu here being accessed by key presses during boot [Esc key]).

I think this means I cannot flash a new BIOS onto the system since I can't find my BIOS family SSID (you'll have to excuse me, I don't know much about devices in general).

Either way I am hoping for some solution quickly as this is my main PC where I do all of my work. Thanking you again for your keen interest into finding a solution for my problems

HP Recommended

@Need-assistance

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello again, I want to figure out how to reset my CMOS. I read somewhere that you can get the factory settings for your BIOS by resetting the CMOS and am eager to try it out.

However I have one issue, I need to figure out what pins to set; to clear the CMOS. On the back panel it is written that to clear the CMOS I have to use the pins 2 and 4, but it is hard to figure out which pins those are. 

I don't want to go around trying every pin hoping for it to fix it, I'm scared it might damage some component, and the HP website does not give enough information relating to this.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this procedure as I have already tried removing the coin cell battery and waiting for a few minutes before plugging it back in to reset the settings. That didn't work and I want to try resetting the CMOS with the pin method instead.

I am attaching an image of the pins in order to give you a better picture of what my pinout looks like

IMG_20200416_000902.JPG

HP Recommended

@Need-assistance

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.