Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
E9V60AA#ABG

Hi, my pc will turn on and let me enter my login in code which takes me to the home screen but with none of my own files etc and won’t do anything after that. I’ve tried running the system extensive test and it’s been running for 2 days 1 hour saying it’s completed 24 lterations. Should I let it keep going or try something else. Any help would be great. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

Do you know if a windows update has been made?
"which takes me to the home screen but with none of my own files etc and won’t do anything after that."
What exactly is there at this time as a display?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi. 
it’s a HP 20 All in One Pc 

product : E9V60AA#ABG

model : 20-2002a 

I was running Windows 10. 
it’s was working fine then in the middle of the night when it was turned off it just started up - so I got up and just turned it off - since then it will - start loading hp then go to my personal log in page - I enter my pin then it starts the blue thinking circle - then takes me to my screen saver page but with no other options not even the start or sleep button etc.

i am currently running the extensive system test but it’s still going 2 days and 14 hours later - it says 31 lterations - hard drive smart check and everything prior has past it’s now onto the last test the hard drive short DST check - it’s saying test in progress. Thank you so much for the help 

HP Recommended

it says 31 lterations

I don't understand what you mean, maybe the translation is not correct?
Did you just try the full hard drive test?

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

If you press the ctrl shift keys, esc
does the utility open?
or Ctrl + Alt + Delete

https://www.howtogeek.com/405806/windows-task-manager-the-complete-guide/

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/7-ways-launch-task-manager-windows-8

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes I am currently running the extensive system check - but it’s been going for 3 days. I have tried Control shift keys etc . 
the computer will start up and let me log in but then just goes to my home screen but won’t do anything else and no personal Data like files or even the start option is available. 
I am using Windows 10 

HP Recommended

Hi. I think I have updated the windows 10. i tried the ctrl alt delete and other option it’s it comes up with the task manager options  then when I click on task manager it does nothing and the menu just disappears. 
so once I turn on the computer it loads hp then says welcome Rachel with the pin option to log in. I enter my pin then it’s has the blue thinking circle and goes to my home page screen saver no desk top stuff that I used to have  with the clock bottom right internet option and what looks like a circle with a line button right. It’s shows the windows start box on left bottom and the search bar left bottom but when I Move my mouse to the start button it just keeps the small thinking circle and then if I move my mouse away from that up into the screen saver the circle disappears and nothing happens I can’t get past that screen. Thanks for your help. I’ve now stopped the extensive system test as it was running for almost 4 days. 

HP Recommended

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

try to boot in safe mode, as explained here
if it works try creating another user profile admin

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04648962

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.