Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 20-C424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I spent time yesterday installing updates, rebooting over and over as required after some updates.

The final update was pushed through the HP Support Assistant, to install a BIOS uodate.

After that, my computer will no longer boot up.  Black screen, no beeps, no flashing LEDs, just a brief whirring as it tries to start.

I have tried every possible suggestion I can find online to access the BIOS, all the F-keys, ESC, nothing gives me the BIOS. 

All help is appreciated, this is kinda desperate. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

this is kinda desperate. 

It's now 8 days later. 

Did you remove the disk-drive from the computer, and then connect the disk-drive to a different computer as a "secondary" disk-drive, to copy all the personal files from that disk-drive, to create a "backup" ?

HP Recommended

Sounds like the BIOS update didn't take properly or is corrupt.

You could try this BIOS recovery method:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

Failing that, get onto HP support and see if they'll log a warranty call for it as it failed via the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

In general, you shouldn't need to update your BIOS that often. Installing (or "flashing") a new BIOS is more dangerous than updating a simple Windows program, and if something goes wrong during the process, you could end up bricking your computer.

www.mybalancenow.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.