cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
notthemaniuse2b
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

All-in-one won't boot up after HP recommended BIOS update

HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 20-C424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I spent time yesterday installing updates, rebooting over and over as required after some updates.

The final update was pushed through the HP Support Assistant, to install a BIOS uodate.

After that, my computer will no longer boot up.  Black screen, no beeps, no flashing LEDs, just a brief whirring as it tries to start.

I have tried every possible suggestion I can find online to access the BIOS, all the F-keys, ESC, nothing gives me the BIOS. 

All help is appreciated, this is kinda desperate. 

3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 9
5,032 4,948 230 644
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is kinda desperate. 

It's now 8 days later. 

Did you remove the disk-drive from the computer, and then connect the disk-drive to a different computer as a "secondary" disk-drive, to copy all the personal files from that disk-drive, to create a "backup" ?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hibb1
Level 6
473 445 38 91
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like the BIOS update didn't take properly or is corrupt.

You could try this BIOS recovery method:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

Failing that, get onto HP support and see if they'll log a warranty call for it as it failed via the HP Support Assistant.

Andrew137
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In general, you shouldn't need to update your BIOS that often. Installing (or "flashing") a new BIOS is more dangerous than updating a simple Windows program, and if something goes wrong during the process, you could end up bricking your computer.

www.mybalancenow.com

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation