Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-a200 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I own a HP Pavillon 27-a200nt all-in-one desktop  computer which I bought about 8 month ago.
It used to boot and work vey fast during the first 6 months but for the last 2 months I started experiencing some problems.

First of all, BIOS POST takes about 25 seconds before HP logo shows up on the screen (it wasn't this way before).
Following after, sometimes it boots fast but sometimes it boots pretty slow.

If it boots slow, operating system runs pretty slow too, such that even system sounds are not produced properly (you here bursting noises instead of proper system sounds).

And the worst case is, sometimes it starts beeping at boot time (no HP logo, no POST messages, 3 low pitch long beeps followed by 5 high pitch long beeps) and does not boot at all. I could not find the meaning for these beep codes on the net.

I suspect memory modules or the CPU got half-broken some how, but I need the beep code meanings before I decide what to do.

By the way, I tested the memory using HP's provided diagnostic tool, it passed the test.

Your urgent help will be appreciated.

Umit Kalkan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Umit_Kalkan,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand BIOS post is too late for beeping noise 

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

How long are you facing this issue?

Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices such as printers, USB storage devices, and media cards.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the computer.

3. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds until the power LED on the power supply is off.

4. Reconnect the power cord, and press the Power button.

5. Listen for sounds of drives and fans turning.

6. If the computer still fails to start and emits beeping sounds

Click here for further assistance.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi @Raj1788

thank you for your help and immediate response.

I don't experience this problem after an update but my PC crashed with similar symptoms once and I needed to do a fresh re-install of Windows 10 (recovery did not  work). Since than, I experience the long Bios POST times. 

However, I do not experince the "beep" problem very often, this happens very rare, time to time (especially when BIOS POST and/or Wİndows boot  takes really long and I have to power down and power up my PC a couple of times by long power button push).

I checked the link you sent about the error codes, I understand Hardware failure 3.5 means "CPU not detected".  It is weird then, either CPU or something else in my  mainboard seems to be suspicious...

I tried the "disconnect everything, disconnect power, press 15+ seconds to power button and power up again" scenario. Bios POST time is still around 22 seconds.

Regards,

Umit Kalkan

HP Recommended

Hi @Umit_Kalkan,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like it is an issue with the system board.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.