Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 270-p024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While updating the BIOS thru the HP Support System, the process stalled at 76% (BIOS UPDATE) Now the computer will not turn on and several beeps will sound after turning on. 

Is there a way to recover the BIOS? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have a look at this one mate:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

You'll need to hold down Win Key + B when turning on.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would follow all troubleshooting steps at this HP Support site (Link) because you have a Desktop.  

Regards

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks for your reply.

This solution did not work
HP Recommended

Here is what happened. After trying to update BIOS, based on the recommendation provided by the running HP Support software in my computer, the BIOS installation failed. At 76% of the BIOS update the computer froze, after 45 minutes of waiting, I had to restart the computer. The computer turned on to only generate 8 sounding beeps, no screen information (Black screen).   I have tried all the procedures provided by the support web page (Windows Key + B, Clearing CMOS) and also went thru the painful process of calling technical support, nothing worked. (Technical support just drive me thru the same process I went myself, my perception was that my the person that was providing me support was just reading the same instructions I just read, and the communication was awful and extremely inefficient) 

My question is, if the damage - BIOS corruption - was generated by the poorly update system provided by HP, why should I pay for repair? I have experience with computers, and never had have an issue with updating/upgrading BIOS of any of the computer I have  owned.

I am lucky that I still have 5 days on my "extended Warranty", but.... this means that I will never update the BIOS of my computer (if it gets even fixed)

Not really impressed with the Technical support, Web page and easy to find information. 

HP Recommended

HI,

Have been helping folks in this forum for about three years.

It is best to do a manual BIOS update (don't use HPSA) because I have seen many failed BIOS updates using the HP Support Assistant method.

Is HP going to repair in warranty?

They should repair at no charge if your PC is bricked because of a bad HPSA BIOS update.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.