Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS dosen't: read USB, update, rollback

110-302ng Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

BIOS cannot be rolled back (with Widows Key + B + PowerOn) and attempts to upgrade it produces no results (other than language changed to German). It also does not read USB flash cards so I had to use Windows to Go from second HDD to install OS. Looks like it is permanently stack to Win 7 as any attempt to upgrade to Win 8.1 or Win 10 is unsuccessful.

Upgrading BIOS in cmd with "safuwin KAB_8017.BIN /p" showed "file corrupted"

Perhaps there is a solution though...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> any attempt to upgrade to Win 8.1 or Win 10 is unsuccessful.

What error-message(s) do you see?

If your computer can boot from a DVD, see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

to download Windows 10, and to "burn" the download onto DVD-recordable media.

Boot your computer from that media, and Windows 10 will install.

When prompted for a product-key, click "I do not have one".

Windows 10 will install in "trial" mode -- it will work fine for a few days, until you make an online purchase of a Windows 10 product-key.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This PC has no DVD for good reason - it shoud boot from USB! I managed to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and 10 by using  AOMEI Windows to Go, though I will never will use Windows beyond 7. Cannot install Linux because USBs still do not boot as BIOS cannot be updated from within Windows 8.1 too.

I will never buy anything HP again, thay have **bleep**ty BIOS.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation