Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

BIOS flash failure on HP Pavilion a6719f running Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6719f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently tried to update the BIOS of this PC using the latest BIOS listed on the drivers page for this product.  The system no longer boots but it powers on.  I have downloaded the hp pc hardware diagnostics 3-in-1 usb key, but I can't find the system board id for this PC.  According to the instructions for thehp pc hardware diagnostics 3-in-1 usb key, I need to know the system board ID in order to load the correct BIOS files into a directory that will (hopefully) be read by the HP Pavilion.  Any help on either of these issues would be appreciated.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While I am looking for the System Board ID for the HP Pavilion a6719f, I wouldn't mind information that would let me determine what the System Board ID is as I have physical access to said PC.  Thank you again in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,483
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Exzootic

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you tried to update the BIOS on your HP Pavilion a6719f Desktop PC and it failed. Now the PC powers on and does not boot further. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Were you facing any issues with the PC due to which you attempted to update the BIOS?

Secondly, I did some research on this case and found that the BIOS update has not been developed for Win10 for this PC model. Upon checking the HP website, it shows that the BIOS update is available only for Win7 and not for any other versions of Windows. So due to the incorrect BIOS update, it might have crashed the BIOS.

Not to worry, I suggest you to perform a BIOS rollback on the PC. Please perform the steps mentioned under "Recovering the BIOS using key press combination".

Also, click here to view the motherboard specifications. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply MKazi!  I have tried the method decribed in the document "Recovering the BIOS"  as I had googled it a few days ago.  That method failed as the power would shut off almost every time I attempted to hold down the power button for more than a second or two.  I also tried holding down all -four of the arrow keys as described in another document concerning reloading aBIOS on an HP desktop.  I finally downloaded  the hp pc hardware diagnostics 3-in-1 usb key but require the System Board ID in order to bring this beast back to life.  I hope someone can tell me what the System Board ID is for the HP Pavilion a6719f or let me know how I can find out what the Sysyem Board ID is for this model.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,483
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Exzootic

You're welcome.

I checked the webpage for the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key and found the following information:

I suggest you would have to contact our HP phone support for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.  Any other way of unlocking/flashing the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MKazie, I myself am a technician and this is not my first rodeo (BIOS flash).  I need to bring this system up ASAP but I require the System Board ID or the means to obtain it.  Can't anybody help? I thought this would be a relatively simple question...

PS  Why is it almost impossible to find the original BIOS files for many HP models?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,483
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Exzootic

Than you for replying.

The system board ID information we do not have at our level and is maintained by the HP service center. Therefore, we have access to only the motherboard specifications.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation