Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got a few z820 workstations to administer, and was attempting to upgrade the BIOS on one of them, via HPQFLASH.exe (in Windows).  The flash appeared to be going fine until the end, when it resulted in a "0x1d" error (I think..  kicking myself for not writing this down).   If I retry HPQFLASH, I now get 0x13 ("FLASH_IN_PROGRESS_WMI"), obviously because some sort of flag has been set by the previous (failed) attempt.

What do I do now?  I'm afraid to reboot the thing.  Can the flag causing error 0x13 be manually cleaned up so I can have another shot at HPQFLASH?  is it wise to do this even if it is possible?

Thanks for any insight you can offer 🙂

Brett

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had same error in BIOS flash process of Elite 8300 US. There would be assumed two causes. The one is BIOS revsion order. Sometime it could not be skipped old version. If there were version 2.0 2.5 3.0, you can not skip from 2.0 to 3.0. In case,you must  BIOS update from 2.0 to 2.5 and then 3.0. The other one is CPU mismatch. When the CPU was  G530, I had error message  0x13 but the PC works with no problems.  CPU G350 was not listed in QuickSpecs so that I tried to change Core i5-3240 then BIOS flush had finished completely. I don't know exactly, only my experience.   So please check BIOS revision order and adaptive CPU.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.