Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS needs resetting

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello. I just was updating my drivers with a third party software and my bios got erased i think. My computer will not boot to bios. Just the power comes on. No harddrive light. I think i have a bricked motherboard. How can i got about fixing this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS needs resetting

Can i send this in to the hp technicians to fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS needs resetting

Hi @houtxsnoopy,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the update on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you try to recover Bios?

Start with a hard reset to release any excessive static on the PC: 

• If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown. 

• If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off. 

• With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

• With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out. 

• Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power. 

I would suggest here is to save the latest Bios update on a flash drive. 

Attempt to reset or recover the existing BIOS (if the recent update was interrupted):  Click here

Step 1: Verify the current BIOS version installed and the correct ROM Family SSID for your PC 

Step 2: Find the BIOS updates 

Step 3: Download and install the BIOS update 

  

For more details: Click here 

If you have followed the steps to reset the Bios and still having the issue, I would suggest the next step would be to contact our HP phone support for available service related options. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation