Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-04-2019 06:06 AM - edited 01-04-2019 09:12 AM
Hi all,i have a problem with my HP pavilion p6-2102ef.The problem is that-when i installed windows 7 ultimate x64bit and install the bios drivers,the screen freeze then shut down automaticly.when i tried to turn it on i only hear 8 beeps and 8 flashes on the led.The screen doesn't turned.What can be the problem ? I tried everything and it can t start up... (Sorry for the bad english i hope you will understand me).
01-04-2019 07:49 AM
Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beeps
BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)
Perform BIOS recovery with external media (USB/CD-ROM).
01-05-2019 03:23 AM
- Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
- Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup to complete the recovery.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key.
note:On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows key and the V key.
- If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next step to install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website.
- If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
- If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next step to install an updated BIOS version.
- If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
- If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS.
01-05-2019 11:02 AM
I cant help anymore really.
"my computer (hp pavilion p6-2102ef) can't turn on"
"" i only hear 8 beeps and 8 flashes on the led""
Which means it does turn on.
'I tried this so many times and it doesn't works for me...'
Making the USB flash drive?