Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion p6-2102ef
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,i have a problem with my HP pavilion p6-2102ef.The problem is that-when i installed windows 7 ultimate x64bit and install the bios drivers,the screen freeze then shut down automaticly.when i tried to turn it on i only hear 8 beeps and 8 flashes on the led.The screen doesn't turned.What can be the problem ? I tried everything and it can t start up... (Sorry for the bad english i hope you will understand me).

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thaks for helping but i tried this.my computer doesn't support that option.Do you know other ways to fix it ?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the support but my computer (hp pavilion p6-2102ef) can't turn on.I can't do this steps.Any other solutios ?

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
  2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
    The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup to complete the recovery.
    HP BIOS Update recovery in progress
    • If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key.
    • note:
      On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows key and the V key.
    • If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next step to install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website.
    • If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the button for only 2 to 3 seconds.
    • If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next step to install an updated BIOS version.
    • If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.
    • If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS.
HP Recommended

I tried this so many times and it doesn't works for me...

HP Recommended

Hi

I cant help anymore really.

"my computer (hp pavilion p6-2102ef) can't turn on"

"" i only hear 8 beeps and 8 flashes on the led""

Which means it does turn on.

'I tried this so many times and it doesn't works for me...'

Making the USB flash drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.