Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 24-k0012na
Microsoft Windows 11

New pc had issue of black screen from the start however when I followed the suggested fix from HP re a fault (unplug power cord, hold power button in for 5 seconds, plug in again, then f10, f5, f10, enter) it would always start up and then sometimes it would work for a few starts then revert back to a black screen. As suggested I tried it three different times and each time it seemed to work for a short while.

As a result under warranty my pc is now heading back for repair (Curry's) .

I have two questions:

1) Is this an easy/quick fix for a repair technician?

2) Is this type of fix a reliable solution or prone to re-occur, therefore should I demand a replacemnt model rather than a repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From my experience with OEM repairs the defective item will be replaced after a quick check is done for bad ram and bad storage

If a recent system (like a few months old) You will probably get a new motherboard or a new power supply

Worst case a refurbished motherboard or power supply if you are near the end of the warrantee period.

Where I live there are "lemon" laws that allow refunds if the product is defective.  I have had a good experience with HP unlike my  Microsoft surface pro 4 battery problem.  If the problem continues after you get it back then try for a refund.

I have been reading there have been some serious problems with AMD CPUs that cause USB ports to fail.  Both the manufacturer and the vendor needs to do more testing to ensure new stuff is bug free.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From my experience with OEM repairs the defective item will be replaced after a quick check is done for bad ram and bad storage

If a recent system (like a few months old) You will probably get a new motherboard or a new power supply

Worst case a refurbished motherboard or power supply if you are near the end of the warrantee period.

Where I live there are "lemon" laws that allow refunds if the product is defective.  I have had a good experience with HP unlike my  Microsoft surface pro 4 battery problem.  If the problem continues after you get it back then try for a refund.

I have been reading there have been some serious problems with AMD CPUs that cause USB ports to fail.  Both the manufacturer and the vendor needs to do more testing to ensure new stuff is bug free.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello
@Peter005  no one here can tell you exactly what's going to be done
It is impossible to certify that the problem is definitively resolved
Sometimes there is no problem, and you won't have to worry anymore
Sometimes it goes wrong, and you might have other problems in a shorter or longer period of time.

Check, but in your country you have special conditions
I still advise you to consider reimbursement by the reseller if possible!

i needed hp repair service twice
the first, very bad experience, the computer is long dead now
but the second, hard disk problem, Hp had sent me a new one, with recovery kit, replaced by me, the computer still works (2013)

Consumer legal guarantee

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.