Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion H8-1120es

Here is some data of my desktop PC:

- Moterboard IBISP-CH2

- Core i7 2640

- Windows 10 Pro (not the manufacturer installation)

- elementary OS

After a reboot, the "HP BIOS blue screen" showed up and freezed. No key was working .

I couldn't enter the BIOS Setup mode, nor choose an OS or device to boot.

The previos keystrokes, while the BIOS is charging, had no effect.

I Cleared the CMOS so the BIOS default values were restored and now I get a black screen with some hardware info, the BIOS version and a message that thells mi that the default values were restored... and that is all. No more messages with key effects like "F10 to loader...". Even after an hour of waiting there is no change.

I guess there could be a problem with the BIOS chip but HP tells me there is no BIOS software for my HP desktop product to download. So I can't make a BIOS rescue USB either.

I would like to reflash the BIOS so it loads again.

Somebody in a helping mood?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bigeddu,

First of all, I moved this.  Here is your computer, an I7-2600  circa Dec 2011. 

According to Intel, there is no I7-2640 chip.  There is an I7-2640M (laptop chip) dated 2011.

Win 7 Home Premium was installed

Where did you get this WIN 10, and was it legal, as you said "not the manufacturer installation".

Put it back to WIN 7 SP1, and get the free WIN 10 download.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hello @Wb2001 !

Tank you very much for your quick response.

- You were right with the processor. I bought an Asus G53sw the same year and its chip is the 2640M. Sorry for the mistake.

- Regarding the OS: I purchased a Win 7 Pro license in 2011 for my laptop (which i don't use anymore) and now use that license (after LEGALLY upgrading it to Windows 10) for the H8-1120es. This is the Desktop PC I have the problem with.

FYI and for further questions: I always use purchased, free or GNU licensed software so don't asume "not legal" anymore. Also have in mind that "English" is not my first language and, altough I'll do my best, I may not always get to make myself clear. What I wanted to say with "not the manufacturer installation" is that the OS installation is not in the original Hard Drive. It's in an SSD with a dual "Win 10 - elementary OS" boot and the original Win 7 installation, with its original partitions, doesn't exist anymore (since 2016).

After that explanation: what does the OS has to do with a non booting BIOS? I mean, If the problem was a "Not an OS found" message or something like that, It would be understandable that te BIOS worked and that we are now facing a hard drive / OS problem. But, as I wrote before, the problem is that I can't get any further than the BIOS "default settings loaded" message. That is why I think the CMOS is performing well and that there may be a problem with the BIOS loading / booting.

As HP doesn't provide a BIOS image for my Desktop anymore, I can't even try to flash that BIOS (if that was the problem).

So, please, do you have an idea or clue to restore my Desktop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.