Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8000 Elite CMT

Hello,

I have been reading some older locked threads on here, and have found a few related to what I believe to be the cause of my issue.  I have been running Fedora 27 on a 8000 Elite CMT with no prior issues, but when I attempted to upgrade to Fedora 29 the system started crashing due to a kernel panic.  I removed the update and reinstalled 27, which fixed the issue until I applied the first set of post-install updates, at which point it began crashing again while running 27.  My BIOS version is 1.07, and I have read on other forums that upgrading to 1.14 will most likely resolve the issue, but apparently HP has pulled that BIOS software sometime between April of this year and now and that update is no longer available on the HP site.  Does anyone know where I can get a copy of sp73578 so that I can flash the system from the BIOS?  This has been a really nice reliable system over the past few years and up until the crash was still running very well, and I hate to scrap it for lack of BIOS update software.  Thanks for any help that can be provided!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the info and exe files for that BIOS update...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73578.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73578.exe

HP Recommended

Kudos and many, many, many thanks to you, Paul!  Thanks to the links you sent, my two 8000 CMT workhorses are back in service and running the latest Fedora.

Thanks again,

Keyokas

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.