Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6680it Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I wanted to update my BIOS to version 5.43 but on the installation program it says that you must have Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

Since I updated my system to Windows 10 do I have to downgrade it to do that?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> Since I updated my system to Windows 10 do I have to downgrade it to do that?

Probably not.  They probably mean that trying to update requires a "supported" operating system.

Windows Vista was supported until April 2017. Windows 7 will be supported until January 2020.

> I wanted to update my BIOS to version 5.43 ...

What problem are you trying to solve that you think that a BIOS update is the solution?

I am a long-term resident in the "camp" that almost never does a BIOS update, unless the documentation that accompanies the update suggests that the update will fix a problem that I am having.

This forum has many posts, where a BIOS update has "bricked" the motherboard.

Sometimes, there is no remedy.

Sometimes, there is a remedy that does not require replacing the motherboard.

Sometimes, the only remedy is to purchase a [expensive!] replacement motherboard.

Either way, it will be a lot of effort to remediate to "revive" a bad BIOS update experience.

So, what is the "real" problem with your computer?

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem,

want to update the bios to upgrade the intel core 2 quad q9300 to intel core 2 quad q9650 processor.

how do i upgrade the bios in WIN 10 PRO?

No more HP support for that.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Are you sure the existing BIOS doesn't support the 9650?   I have the same Benicia motherboard and my 9650 runs just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.