Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - 260-p109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone here tried to update their BIOS to the Jan 15 2020 release? My Bios was released in 2017 and was told to update it because of the way windows was not recognizing my HP printer. I downloaded the latest release and when I tried to install it I got the message that my BIOS was newer than the one I was trying to install. I downloaded the Dec 2019 release and it installed properly. So again I tried to install the Jan 2020 release and got the same message.

Just wondering if there is a problem with this release or is my system screwed up

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 2020 BIOS update is for a different motherboard.

The Dec 13, 2019 update is the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.