Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having followed the HP Assistant to upgrade BIOS my computer won't start.  I get a stuck picture of the HP Logo.  ESC does not work.

When I can get out of this mode ( for example using Cntrl-Alt-Del), I get at the screen top a few lines of specs of the motherboard and "BIOS Revision /Date: 81B4 vF.38 11/20/2018".  At the screen bottom a statement to press ESC key to reach System Menu.  ESC does nothing and the computer is fuilly stuck at this point.  I can power boot and get the same occurrences, nothing more.  Obviously, I need help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC may support BIOS Recovery (Link).

You may have to contact HP Support (Link) for factory service if a HP BIOS Recovery fails. You may be out of warranty unless you have a extended warranty.

The motherboard may be toasted.

HP Support Assistant BIOS updates can cause this problem. Don't do this type of update in the future.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.