Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS will not update – it runs through all the correct update steps with no errors, but keeps coming

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a071a (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc runs very slow and it does not shut down properly. When shutting down the pc go through all the processess and then just turns off the screen but the pc keeps on running. You have to then physically press the on button to shut it down.

I local IT expert has suggested the following might be the problem:

BIOS will not update – it runs through all the correct update steps with no errors, but keeps coming back to the original version

Also, it does not actually allow access to the BIOS to change any settings – Pressing F10 at the correct time does nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS will not update – it runs through all the correct update steps with no errors, but keeps coming

> My PC runs very slow and it does not shut down properly.

Blaming the symptoms on the BIOS is not the first thing that I would do.

Trying to update the BIOS is not the first step that I would take.

I would restart the computer, and repeatedly tap the ESC key, until I see a menu that lets me launch the HP Hardware Diagnostic utility.  Then, I would run the "short" test against the RAM, and then run the tests against the disk-drive.

Tell us the results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have run both tests and both have Passed

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation