RAYZER97
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

BIOS

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys. So I recently bought a knew 1TB SSD and installed windows 10 64 on it... but it just keeps starting with my HDD and not the SSD. Now the question is how do I put my SSD as Default OS Starter? Because i cant find it on my Bios.

5 REPLIES 5
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,568 8,027
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RAYZER97

If you disconnect the HDD does it then boot the SSD???

REO

Knutsen
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should be able to change the "boot order" in the BIOS

You put the SSD in first boot instead of the HDD. You should also be able to disable the boot for the HDD.

Knutsen
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the "Storage" tab you can go to "boot order" and move the order by pressing "enter" and using arrow keys. Also you can use F5 to enable/disable some boot options.

RAYZER97
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried too Disable the HDD but it did start anyways as default. I just disconnected it ill have to work with my SSD now. But Thank You guys

0 Kudos
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,568 8,027
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RAYZER97

When you DISCONNECTED the HDD did the SSD boot???

REO

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation