Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

HP Compaq 8200 Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys. So I recently bought a knew 1TB SSD and installed windows 10 64 on it... but it just keeps starting with my HDD and not the SSD. Now the question is how do I put my SSD as Default OS Starter? Because i cant find it on my Bios.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

@RAYZER97

If you disconnect the HDD does it then boot the SSD???

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

You should be able to change the "boot order" in the BIOS

You put the SSD in first boot instead of the HDD. You should also be able to disable the boot for the HDD.

Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

In the "Storage" tab you can go to "boot order" and move the order by pressing "enter" and using arrow keys. Also you can use F5 to enable/disable some boot options.

Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

I tried too Disable the HDD but it did start anyways as default. I just disconnected it ill have to work with my SSD now. But Thank You guys

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,561 7,988
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS

@RAYZER97

When you DISCONNECTED the HDD did the SSD boot???

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation