Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2021 06:25 PM
02-28-2021 08:48 PM
If removing the green clear password jumper did not remove the BIOS password, then someone set the stringent security option in the BIOS settings which overrides the clear P/W jumjper.
Your only course of action in that situation would be to replace the system board with one that does not have a BIOS password.
See the F10 setup guide at the link below, page 6.
Password Options (This selection appears only if a power-on password or setup password is set.)
Allows you to:
● Lock legacy resources (appears if a setup password is set)
● Enable/disable network server mode (appears if a power-on password is set)
● Specify whether the password is required for warm boot (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) (appears if a poweron password is set)
● Enable/Disable Setup Browse Mode (appears if a setup password is set) (allows viewing, but
not changing, the F10 Setup Options without entering setup password)
● Enable/disable Stringent Password (appears if a power-on password is set), which when
enabled bypasses the onboard password jumper to disable the power-on password.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community