Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

HP Recommended
MY COMPUTER WAS FINE 40 MINUTES AGO THEN IT WOULDNT TURN ON SO I UNPLUGGED IT AND PLUGGED IT BACK IN THEN IT SAID IT HAD TO RESTART AND NOW ITS SAYING BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND AND WONT LET ME INTO MY COMPUTER!!! I AM AN ONLINE STUDENT AND NEED THIS COMPUTER FOR CLASS THERE WAS AN ISSUE ALREADY BECAUSE IT KEPT SHUTTING DOWN AND THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE I HAVENT HAD THE NEW ONE FOR MAYBE A YEAR AND NOW ITS MESSED UP! I CAN NOT DO A HARD REBOOT OR WHATEVER BECAUSE THAT WILL DELETE ALL MY SCHOOL DATA OFF THE COMPUTER AND ITS NECESSARY I HAVE THESE DOCUMENTS!!
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
10,051 10,047 942 2,747
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That error is typically a sign the hard drive has failed.  You can try the diagnostic from the Esc menu on boot up to verify that fact.  Start tapping Esc and then try to start the PC, while still tapping the esc key.  When the popup menu is viewable, then run the diagnostics for the hard drive.

If the hard drive fails, then it needs to be replaced, which means all the documents will be lost if no backups were made.

BTW: typing in all caps is rude behaviour

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BTW: typing in all caps is rude behaviour

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.

BTW: THIS IS THE 2ND TIME IN 13 MOUNTS THIS HP HAS CRACHED!!! SO I'M NOT RUDE I'M **bleep**ING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,051 10,047 942 2,747
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is unfortunate that bad things happen and I understand being pissed off.  Just trying to help.  When you get camed down enough so I can help, come back and we can try to solve this problem.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation