AlmightyBruce_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

BOOTLOOP

HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7800p small form factor pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I need help with my PC as it doesnt want to boot to windows. So my problem started about 2 weeks ago when i unplugged the HDD from this HP PC, i did that cause i needed a harddrive for a new computer while awaiting for SSD to arrive. After some time i plugged the HDD back to the HP Dc7800p and wanted to format the hdd and install windows 7 on it as it was working perfectly before, but i couldnt get it to boot the windows install on my USB whick worked and works fine and is 100% perfect. It would just stop on a black screen with a blinking cursor then after some bios settings changes i thought i would try to install windows 10 instead. I tried but same results, i uptated the Bios from 1.32v to 1.35v with same results. Now when i try to boot it, it just flashes a blue screen without anything just a blank blue screen and reboots (pretty much a bootloop). I tried everything even took out the RAM out and left only one 2gb stick and then instead of the blue screen flash it showed me the windows logo and then a blue screen with (we are sorry blah blah blah, and ACPI_BIOS_ERROR) now peep this it would only show that screen with the one 2gb stick. The computer worked perfectly fine with windows 7 and even 10 before but now it just doesnt cooperate with me [edit] But anyways i even installed windows onto a external USB HDD, the windows works on the hdd on my laptop but NOT with the HP dc7800p. Peep this i tried every setting in BIOS nothing WORKED. If You want to help dont say (update bios etc because it already is) READ everything that i wrote and then try to help. I will be very very very happy if Someone knows how to fix the ISSUE.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation