Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BOOTLOOP

HP Compaq dc7800p small form factor pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I need help with my PC as it doesnt want to boot to windows. So my problem started about 2 weeks ago when i unplugged the HDD from this HP PC, i did that cause i needed a harddrive for a new computer while awaiting for SSD to arrive. After some time i plugged the HDD back to the HP Dc7800p and wanted to format the hdd and install windows 7 on it as it was working perfectly before, but i couldnt get it to boot the windows install on my USB whick worked and works fine and is 100% perfect. It would just stop on a black screen with a blinking cursor then after some bios settings changes i thought i would try to install windows 10 instead. I tried but same results, i uptated the Bios from 1.32v to 1.35v with same results. Now when i try to boot it, it just flashes a blue screen without anything just a blank blue screen and reboots (pretty much a bootloop). I tried everything even took out the RAM out and left only one 2gb stick and then instead of the blue screen flash it showed me the windows logo and then a blue screen with (we are sorry blah blah blah, and ACPI_BIOS_ERROR) now peep this it would only show that screen with the one 2gb stick. The computer worked perfectly fine with windows 7 and even 10 before but now it just doesnt cooperate with me [edit] But anyways i even installed windows onto a external USB HDD, the windows works on the hdd on my laptop but NOT with the HP dc7800p. Peep this i tried every setting in BIOS nothing WORKED. If You want to help dont say (update bios etc because it already is) READ everything that i wrote and then try to help. I will be very very very happy if Someone knows how to fix the ISSUE.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation