Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bad PSU or Motherboard

pavillion p7-1010 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Thanks to Grzwacz. I tried unplugging the motherboard, and connect the green line to the black line using a wire, when I plug in the power cable, the fan at the PSU ran continuously without stopping. Does this mean the motherboard is bad? How to check? I don't see anything visually burned or damaged, oh, I also unsitted the 2 memory cards and sit them back. I still have the same problem: when turn on Power, all fans run for a very short time and stop, then the green LED light on the back also went out.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 566 1,266
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bad PSU or Motherboard

Hi bud-joke,

You started a new topic.

You should respond using the original topic.

I don't what you have done. But I did not tell you to cross connect motherboard or power supply connections using wire.

I think you should have a local PC tech take a look at your PC to see what is happening.

You could damage the PC or worse,... get seriously hurt doing something you should not be doing.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation