Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all-in-one PC

When I try to turn on my computer, it gives 3 hard beeps  and 4 fast beeps and will not load up

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I *think* the mainboard is telling you it has a power failure.

Verify that the AC adapter you're using is the CORRECT wattage for your All-in-One.

Newer HP All-in-One's will give you POST beeps if the AC adapter has a lower wattage than it's expecting.

If you can reply with the exact model you have I'll tell you the wattage PSU you should be using.

HP Recommended

Greetings Diva21,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

BIOS eror codes for HP PCs can be reviewed at this site (Link).

A 3:4 BIOS error code means you have a hardware problem if your PC was made in 2015 or later.

Possible hardware issues:

Power supply

CPU

System board

Contact HP (Link) if in warranty. Find a good, local, PC tech if you are not in warranty.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.