Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen gt12 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!

So I just now ran into a problem that scared me to death. I got home after a relatively long day and turned on my PC just to see it's not booting correctly. I thought it was my monitor at first (because my screen was only black) since I had a problem with that in the past and tried turning it on and off, but after like 3 minutes of having a black screen I decided to restart my PC. When I turned it back on I heard a loud beeping noise and then I saw a message informing me that a BIOS Corruption was detected on my 7-month-old PC. It said it would automatically restart, however, that never happened. While it did shut down, it never turned back on so I had to do that manually just to be surprised with something that seemed like a boot-loop with some extra beeping noises. After my PC restarted like 5-7 times I finally had my normal welcome screen and everything seemed normal. No additional messages, no information about it after I logged in. Nothing. Now, here is my question: Should I be worried? I have never experienced that before and I'm unsure whether or not I should take my PC to a professional or just act as nothing happened. Basically, what should my next steps be?

Summary:

My PC didn't boot correctly so I had to shut it off manually. When I turned it back on I had a loud beeping noise followed by a message informing me about a BIOS corruption, everything is normal now. What should my next steps be?

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
your computer is still under warranty.
my advice would be "take advantage while there is still time"
Try to turn it off, restart it a good number of times, to see if it can happen again!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.