americanhawg
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bios currupt

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6 2317c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion p6 2317c and I am getting a blank screen everytime I power on. It beeps 8 times and the power light flashes yellow 8 times. I already tried resetting the bios and I already tried the windows and B key combination. Is there anything else I can try short of replacing the motherboard? 

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,743 6,727 634 1,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Eight beeps means "Invalid ROM image detected". The MB could be DOA. This means none of the following suggestions will work. Time to replace the MB or purchase a new HP PC.

You tried a BIOS Recovery (link). This failed.

Other possible recovery options:

-Booting to USB BIOS Recovery may be available before looking at a MB replacement.This procedure can be reviewed at this HP site (link). BIOS update sp67068 (download) is the latest BIOS update for your PC.

Look in "Update the BIOS when Windows does not start".

-You could also remove the CR3032 MB battery to reset CMOS. Let the PC sit for about 10 minutes. Replace or install a new battery.

-Or try MB jumper setting to clear CMOS (link).

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation