Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 860-009nf P1L13EA#ABF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My PC was supplied with french bios. I would like to change that to english. I'm using Bios Configuration Ulility. I managed to configure the file to english. (remove asterix from before french and put an asterix before english settings in file).

upon executing via command line (admin mode) I get the following error:

c:\Program Files (x86)\HP\BIOS Configuration Utility>biosconfigutility64.exe /setconfig:biosdetails
<BIOSCONFIG Version="4.0.15.1" Computername="DESKTOP-8D5M6F2" Date="2016/12/18" Time="15:20:13" UTC="1">
<SETTING changeStatus="fail" name="Language" reason="Access denied" returnCode="6">
<OLDVALUE><![CDATA[Francais]]></OLDVALUE>
<NEWVALUE><![CDATA[English]]></NEWVALUE>

Your user's guide says returnCode="6"  
Access Denied WMI result code – Setting modification failed due to BIOS permissions

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@theminimalist

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP ENVY 860-009nf PC and would like to change the BIOS language is in French and you would like to change it to English. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I suggest you to perform a BIOS update on this PC which should be in English and it supersedes all previous releases. The BIOS update is available via this link: http://hp.care/2hJKkBO.

I suggested this BIOS update because we do not recommend any changes in the coding  because it may corrupt the BIOS completely. 

Hope this helps. Feel free to get in touch for any further help. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@theminimalist

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP ENVY 860-009nf PC and would like to change the BIOS language is in French and you would like to change it to English. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I suggest you to perform a BIOS update on this PC which should be in English and it supersedes all previous releases. The BIOS update is available via this link: http://hp.care/2hJKkBO.

I suggested this BIOS update because we do not recommend any changes in the coding  because it may corrupt the BIOS completely. 

Hope this helps. Feel free to get in touch for any further help. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you. It worked. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.