Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello people,

I am currently having an issue with my hp pavilion 23. Today it decided to hate me and it won't go anywhere besides a black screen. Then a few seconds later it starts to beep 3 times and repeats. So I looked it up and three beeps means hardware from what I read. So I replaced the HDD and I replaced the ram. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or it just died. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The Pavilion 23 series systems are AIO PCs.

Three beeps may also indicate integrated graphics has failed. See this HP Support document for more detail (Link). Beep code cadence depends on the PC's manufacturing date.

This may require system board (motherboard) replacement if integrated graphics has failed.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The Pavilion 23 series systems are AIO PCs.

Three beeps may also indicate integrated graphics has failed. See this HP Support document for more detail (Link). Beep code cadence depends on the PC's manufacturing date.

This may require system board (motherboard) replacement if integrated graphics has failed.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response! I was afraid of that I was hoping it was something simple that I wasn't thinking of.

HP Recommended

Hi Userairor,

You're very welcome.

You would have to contact HP if you are in warranty or have a local PC tech take a look.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am out of luck on the Warranty because its 4 years old XD

HP Recommended

Hi Userairor,

A local PC tech should be able to give you a hands on evaluation. Just about every components is integrated on the MB.

It is really hard to get HP replacement parts for a four year old HP PC.

You could check HP Part Surfer (Link). Or try eBay. Amazon or Newegg may have the part.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.