Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Black Screen and Three beeps (hardware)?

Hello people,

I am currently having an issue with my hp pavilion 23. Today it decided to hate me and it won't go anywhere besides a black screen. Then a few seconds later it starts to beep 3 times and repeats. So I looked it up and three beeps means hardware from what I read. So I replaced the HDD and I replaced the ram. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or it just died. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The Pavilion 23 series systems are AIO PCs.

Three beeps may also indicate integrated graphics has failed. See this HP Support document for more detail (Link). Beep code cadence depends on the PC's manufacturing date.

This may require system board (motherboard) replacement if integrated graphics has failed.

Regards

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the response! I was afraid of that I was hoping it was something simple that I wasn't thinking of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Userairor,

You're very welcome.

You would have to contact HP if you are in warranty or have a local PC tech take a look.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am out of luck on the Warranty because its 4 years old XD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Userairor,

A local PC tech should be able to give you a hands on evaluation. Just about every components is integrated on the MB.

It is really hard to get HP replacement parts for a four year old HP PC.

You could check HP Part Surfer (Link). Or try eBay. Amazon or Newegg may have the part.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation