Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing m.2 nvme . No signal to display , amber light . Removed m.2 nvme , still no signal . Pulled RAM and replaced ,no signal . Pulled video card and reinserted , no signal . 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Wow, that is not good.

Installing a NVME drive should be uneventful. Did you install a motherboard standoff so the NVME drive was not contacting the motherboard?

Some NVME drives have exposed components on the bottom of the drive. An exposed NVME component that contacts the motherboard could have caused a short.

This means the motherboard (and possibly the NVME drive) could be toast.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your responds . First . the motherboard has standoffs . The m.2 nvme is an HP EX 920 500 gb which should be compatible .  I am dumbfounded by this event . The monitor is older but works on another machine and had no issues on this one until this . I've also pulled out the CMOS and reset it , nothing . Any help is appreciated . Thanks again .

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Can you try this drive in a different PC?

Maybe the drive is bad.

Regards

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no . It is brand new . It really makes no sense . At least not to me . Thanks again .

HP Recommended

Hi,

Okay, whatever.

Don't verify the drive works.

Regards

HP Recommended

Can't verify . Thanks for the efforts .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.