2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen and windows do not open

hp pavillon 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning
turning on my PC, the writing hp appears and under the circle with the dots that turn, shortly after the screen turns black and does not start windows.
Everything happened while I was on desktop and listening to music with winamp, I was not using it, at some point the music is stopped as well as the computer, every command was not recognized, so I reset with the on / off button
Since then, the PC is joking that I certify above.
I have followed the various tests as hlp hp, ignition then pressing esc, test with F2, tuTo well up to the DST control that was not passed and gave me error PLJA7L-7398SJ-MFPV61-60Q903 FOR QUICK TEST, WITH COMPLETE TEST on the error was PLJA7L-7398SJ-MFPV61-618H03.
I also removed the ram and reset for contact verification as described by HP help.
You can help me solve the problem.
Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,008
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen and windows do not open

Hi! @ROBERTO-69-ITA, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issue booting into your PC and when you ran a hardware diagnostics it failed with a failure ID.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have issue booting into your PC and when you ran a hardware diagnostics it failed with a failure ID.

Thanks for sharing the failure ID the error message indicates an issue with the sectors or data, on the physical disks on the hard drive has gone faulty. 

Please replace the hard drive on your PC to boot back into your PC.

Since the hard drive has gone faulty it would be difficult backup data.

However, I would suggest you can try contacting best buy or Walmart and check for data backup. As they would use a third party software to backup the data.

Refer this article to know more information about hard drive issues.

Also, if you don't have a set of recovery discs, please contact HP support and get the service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation