Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Z620 was working fine. I've been playing with BIOS settings in order to reduce the boot time. After restarting the PC it doesn't show anything (no signal) and after approx. one minute the fans start to spin with the maximum speed (very loud).

CD/DVD-ROM and HDD LEDs are blinking as normal after starting up.

what have i tried already:

* CMOS reset - the same behaviour.

* removed all HDDs and a second CPU voard - the same behaviour.

* tried to start workstation with a single RAM module - the same behaviour.

* replaced a video card - the same behaviour.

* removed ALL the RAM modules in order to test whether the mainboard would complain - it does complain (beeps,  power button is blinking in red).

I'm suspecting the thermal sensor, but I have no idea how I can check it.

Do you have any advice or idea?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Assuming all the on board connectors, memory modules and PCI cards are seated correctly, it does sound like a corrupted BIOS which can not be recovered by a simple CMOS reset. I would recommend you search for 'crisis recovery' in the forum and make sure you follow the instructions explicitly, timing is crucial to recovering the BIOS.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Assuming all the on board connectors, memory modules and PCI cards are seated correctly, it does sound like a corrupted BIOS which can not be recovered by a simple CMOS reset. I would recommend you search for 'crisis recovery' in the forum and make sure you follow the instructions explicitly, timing is crucial to recovering the BIOS.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Thank you @Brian1965, i was able to recover it using this great solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.