Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen issues

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just registered on this forum, but was not able to see a "reply" button to the Black screen thread.  I purchased an HP Envy two and a half weeks ago and it had all of the features I wanted...I especially wanted the numeric keypad because I enter a lot of data into QB.   However, the black screen issue was a deal breaker for me.  After spending way too many hours trying to trouble shoot the problem myself and with my husband, we found the "black screen thread".   Although the HP Envy is a beautiful looking machine, having this issue out of the box caused me to lose confidence and I decided to return it to Best Buy while I was still within the 30 day return window.  My husband's Lenovo had no issues with the Windows 10 update, so I'm going with the Lenovo.  It's been a real pain reinstalling MS Office, QB, etc. but I think worth it in the long run not to have to worry about issues in the future (I hope)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,349 14,086
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen issues

HP  was working to release a patch to address this issue on the affected models- posted on Sunday. Sorry you didn't see it before returning laptop and having to go through installing all of your programs.
For anyone still needing it-Patch download:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 23
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen issues

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your desktop computer boots to a blank screen when it is first powered on, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To restore the display of your desktop, I recommend following this document on Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer. This should help to successfully boot into Windows.

If the issue continues, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

Regards,

Muthusarkan

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation