Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen when changing users

HP Pavillion All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When changing users, most of the time we get a black screen and the computer freezes up. This occurs when more than one user is logged on and an earlier user tries to log back on.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 940
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen when changing users

Greetings @MichaelABQ

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is freezing while changing users, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

May I know the product number of your computer?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to update all the drivers on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA to update the drivers. 

Once all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset, shut down your computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Run a system test on your computer to make sure all the components are working fine. Click here

If all the tests pass, restart your computer and run an SFC scan on your computer. Click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation