MrSlyFoxJr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blank Black Screen. BIOS Menu works on startup, No Windows Boot

HP Recommended
15 - f211wm; L0T32UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop does not boot OS upon startup. At first I thought it might be a monitor issue, but after finding out that the BIOS screen works (F10 Menu), the problem might be on the OS(?).
I've tried fully charging before rebooting and hard resetting as well as loading default BIOS load settings in the f10 menu. 

give it to me straight doc,

are my files wiped? do i have to reinstall the OS?

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MrSlyFoxJr wrote:

Laptop does not boot OS upon startup.

Give it to me straight doc, are my files wiped? do i have to reinstall the OS?

The best way to tell is to physically remove the disk-drive from the computer, and attach it as a "secondary" disk-drive in a working desktop computer.  Then, boot that computer, and see if it detects the disk-drive, and if you can read any files from it.

If the disk-drive is "failing", then reinstalling the OS probably will NOT work.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation