Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank screen seem to be issue due to Windows 10 upgrade

All in one Omni 200PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I find that though the machine is on and I can hear the fan hum, there is a blank black screen on the monitor. surprisingly when i took the machine to a repair shop, the repair guy managed to boot the machine at his shop. but asked me to pay some 100$ to solve the "motherboard" issue. His explanation seems quite fishy therefore I brought the machine back to home. 

How can I boot the machine so I can retrieve the data from it? Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> The repair guy managed to boot the machine at his shop.

> How can I boot the machine so I can retrieve the data from it?

By trying the same way that he did ???

Note that you can physically remove the disk-drive, then attach it as a "secondary" disk-drive in some other desktop computer, and then you will be able to retrieve all your data from it.

Typically, on the "other" computer, I disconnect the "data" and "power" cables from the CD/DVD device, and connect them, temporarily, to the "pulled" disk-drive.  Then, boot the "other" computer from its "primary" disk-drive, and copy all the files from the "secondary" to an external disk-drive.

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By trying the same way that he did ???

I find that you have jumped directly to solve the data retrieval challenge. while I still do not know how I can manage to boot the device first as I saw it happening at the repair shop. what were the commands/key clicks which were made by the repairman which removed the blank screen and I actually saw the device getting boot and OS windows getting started?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> what were the commands/key clicks which were made by the repairman which removed the blank screen

> and I actually saw the device getting boot and OS windows getting started?

You were there, and saw it boot, and you did not pay the $100 fee, to get the answer to your question.

I was not there, and I don't have the $100, and cannot answer your question.

Sorry.  :smileyembarrassed:

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,422 22,366 2,047 4,891
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sumo1973

I heartily agree with @mdklassen here in that we have no idea what the "technician" did to get your PC booting.

There are numerous problems that can prevent it booting properly, and without access to it, we would only be guessing --but based on your description of what happened, if the "technician" was able to boot your PC as a result of only a few keystrokes, then most likely, they went into the BIOS or UEFI settings for your PC, noticed they were set wrong, and changed them so your PC now selects the correct "drive" for booting.

But ... as I said ... that is only a guess.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation