Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My desktop has blue screen of death whenever the printer is on.

Before the blue screen of death happen, there will be a mini pop-up message that state that installing device software, and will the message is click, it will show officejet.

The blue screen appear immediately after the printer is on.
 26171323_10155446130393073_1682390056462702305_o.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rawisglenn

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's a blue screen error that appears when the printer is turned on,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt to reinstall the printer driver considering the issues with the blue screen error?

Have you attempted to update your windows to avoid such issues?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

I suggest updating the printer drivers: Click here to find and install the drivers,

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rawisglenn

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's a blue screen error that appears when the printer is turned on,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt to reinstall the printer driver considering the issues with the blue screen error?

Have you attempted to update your windows to avoid such issues?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

I suggest updating the printer drivers: Click here to find and install the drivers,

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for looking into it.

Have resolved the issues by system restore to an earlier point.

HP Recommended

Hi! @rawisglenn, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned your issue got resolved after performing a system restore on your PC.

I'm glad to know your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.